Sunday, December 4, 2011

The last couple weeks....

The last couple of weeks have been crazy and fun. We spent thanksgiving at my parents house and enjoyed the company and the help. It was an interesting week. The three of us got sick, Claire's ear infection came back and Claire got her two top teeth. Other than a few sleepless nights and a trip to the ER we had a pretty fun week. Claire learned to say DOG and had fun following my parents dog around pointing at him and saying dog, dog, dog.....

We celebrated Claire's birthday a little early so my parents could be there and because Claire's birthday is in the middle of finals. I always have wanted to make a fun kids birthday cake and figured Claire's b-day was a good time to have a little fun. I know claire doesn't care but I sure had a blast. I made homemade fondant out of marshmallows and Claire sure loved the stuff! All she did was pick it off and not really eat the cake. :) I think I had a little TOO much fun but I really had a blast making her cake. Here are some pictures.

On saturday was the civil war football game. "University of oregon vs. oregon state" The boys had fun watching the game. Here is claire in her duck gear ready for the game.


James came home with us and spent the week playing with me and claire while rich finished up classes. It was so much fun and claire had a blast!


Here she is still recovering from her cold and ear infection, she was pooped!

She is climbing onto and into everything these days and getting really fast at walking. She sure likes to cause trouble but is SO cute! I can't believe how grown up she is getting. She is finally sleeping though the night and going to bed about 7! Wow, I forgot what it was like to get stuff done without a little monster making messes constantly. Thank you Claire.

This week I also made a cake for a friends baby shower. She has a 5 week old boy named william. I had so much fun making another cake! Yum, this cake was chocolate with cocolate frosting and raspberry filling for one layer and german chocolate with coconut flavored icing for the top two layers.

Well that was a long post, Im done now. :)

2 comments:

The Wride's said...

Oh my word! Her cake is so cute! You did a great job with it, and the other one! I hope you all are feeling better!

Logan and Ashleigh said...

wow wow wow, you are so dang talented! Seriously, how come I never knew you could make cakes like this???? GREAT JOB!