Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (An update)

THE GOOD!

Our handsome little man is so cute and so much fun. He makes us so very happy. He is such a good little boy and such a huge blessing in our lives. His delivery couldn't have been better! He is growing and eating great and the cutest thing in the world.


Claire is such a great big sister. She likes to help with everything. 


The other day my mom was playing patty cake and claire decided she wanted to do it to scott. we ended up giving her a doll instead. 



 Claire loves being outside and running everywhere. She is growing up so fast. This week she has changed a lot, started speaking more and loving all the attention from my family. She had a lot of fun at my sisters track meet...



Scotts first bath... 1 week old.


Scott is now 10 days old. I can't believe how fast time has flown by. 


THE BAD!
We went to Scott's eye appointment at OHSU in portland on friday. He has a small cataract in his left eye. He goes in for surgery to have it taken out when he is about a month old. It will be a 2 hour surgery. Poor guy. We are worried about him but im sure he will be fine. 

They will take the lens out of his eye and about a week after surgery he will start wearing a contact. His contact will need to be changed once a month. He will probably have to wear a patch for a while and glasses until he is old enough to have a permanent lens put in. 


THE UGLY!


As for the ugly.... On the wednesday after Scott was born I woke up to really bad shaking. We weren't sure what it was and after the shaking finally stopped i got a HORRIBLE hot flash! Not sure what was going on I went back to bed and felt great the next day until it hit again, and again and again. In between these I felt great, almost like I hadn't just had a baby. By friday I called my doctor because my temperature was a little over 102. They told me to head to the Emergency Room at OHSU where Scott was being seen, thinking I had mastitis. Already having a bad day after finding out about scotts eye it just kept getting worse. 

After being checked, the doctors wanted to do some tests and they weren't kidding when they said that! I had everything I could have imagined checked and more. I never knew all the things that can go wrong after having a baby. They found I did have an infection through my blood test but then they couldn't find where it was. After 2 days of worry, and high fevers almost to 104 and lots of shaking they diagnosed me with septic pelvic thrombophlebitis (infected blood clots) and a bad urinary tract infection. I was put on some strong antibiotics and a blood thinner. 

So now after 5 days in the hospital and multiple complications I finally am at my moms and headed home to Eugene in the morning! I cant wait. I miss Claire so so so much and haven't seen her since sunday morning. I think that has been the hardest part about this whole thing. She has grown up so much! Rich had to head back to school, it is the last week of classes so I miss him a TON also. 

Thanks for the help everyone. I couldn't have done it without you. Everyone has been so amazing. Lets hope i get back to normal soon.

5 comments:

Logan and Ashleigh said...

Oh my goodness Jess. #1 Scott is soo adorable!! #2 Claire looks like she is LOVING being a big sister! #3 I am so sorry that you have been so sick...I sooo WISH i was there to help a lot, but am thankful that your family was able to help you!

We love you guys and hope you feel better and better each day!

valerie said...

I am glad you are doing better. As for your little mans surgery he will be just fine.. I know someone who's son had to have the same thing and everything is just fine. I know it is scary when someone so little has to have something somewhat major done. hang in there! You have such a cute family!

Kevin and Leonora said...

We've been thinking about you guys since we found out last Sunday. We love you and are so glad you are out of the hospital. Scott is adorable! So excited for Richard and you guys. Portland will be fun. Sorry you have to move again.

Brooke said...

Oh man, oh man! I had no idea you were going through all of that! I am so sorry. I wish I could have been there to help out. Let me know what we can do for you guys. Glad to hear they got everything figured out & hopefully no more excitement like that for you guys. :(

Chase and Amy said...

I'm so sorry about all that!! That sounds so rough, but you have such a great attitude about it. Hope everything went well with your little guy's surgery! You are super mom.